Each week I’ve been keeping a lovely list of all the things I’m grateful and happy for. It’s given me back some confidence and made me realise I should appreciate all the little things. This quote, sums it up perfectly. I really want to get this printed to display in our home as a daily reminder.
What’s made me happy this week
- Reaching 1,000 followers on Twitter, I even did a big whoop and jump for joy
- Attending one of Phoebes friends 2nd birthday party. A lovely day spent at their gorgeous home, in the garden with all the children playing pretty well at water table, chalking, dancing and of course a fabulous cake and cute Miffy party bags to seal the deal and ensure they all get it the strollers to go home.
- The sunshine on Saturday, meant we could enjoy the garden all day,play with more water, then a picnic style lunch and a good 2 hour nap by a tired Phoebe.
- Hearing Phoebe copy daddy by saying “whoooaaa” when she almost feel off our bed when playing about. It was so clear, made my day!
- Going for a day trip to our local beach, Exmouth in Nanny & Grandad’s (JD) camper van. Phoebe loved the journey, exploring the van and most importantly some sandy beach fun with the added bonus of a “lollol” at the end.
- Exploring the Museum with a friend and her little monkey, who I haven’t seen for ages. Phoebe & Monkey enjoyed their play date, getting up to mischief together. We then had lunch followed by letting the toddlers roam around the local gardens, hugging trees and giggling with each other, a beautiful friendship.
- Watching Phoebe master new skills in the soft play world. A bit like me she doesn’t like things digging into her feet/toes so hates the rope/net climbing things..but this week she braved it and even though she had to rearrange her socks and shout “tooeess” whilst climbing did it and I could tell she was pleased with herself plus it helped that her play-date buddy was all over it climbing like a pro, I think this encouraged her more.
- Winning a £20 Organix, Goodies food bundle through a competition via Twitter with Happy Mummy / @HappyMummyBlogs. Thanks Maria 🙂
- Finally putting up Phoebes picnic table/bench that she very kindly got for her birthday of her Nanny in Bude. It’s gorgeous and we’ve only had one fall, so far.
- Daddy pig buying me a pretty bouquet of flowers, after an extremely busy and testing day, which makes me happy every time I notice them.
- Having the radio on in the background and listening to some classic tunes and some new favourites. Paul Simons new song is being played loads, it’s fab!
So, there you have my weekly round up of gratitude and love. Despite the weather being a bit wet and muggy we haven’t let it dampen our spirits and have just tried to get out regardless, even if this has meant packing for all weathers and having to shed layers as we go.
It’s been a very busy week with lots of socialising for both me and Phoebe, filled with making the most of all the adventures along the way. My one word to describe this week would definitely be….
Let me know how you embrace those happy moments, do you like a little list like me? Or what would your word of the week be, one word only.